People often say that childhood is the best part of life, where you learn, play, and not worry about anything. This is the period in life where making a mistake is not accounted for. The absolute happiness and joy begins here. I often put myself in a childhood mindset where I like to joke and play because that period in my life is over. Today I really thought back about how fun Elementary and Middle School was. Those were the times.. times of when I fell and I can be physically hurt but emotionally happy. Everything is different now, as we grow older, we become more mature, we don't cry, we don't fight, and we don't run around little playgrounds playing tag.
I got my midterm for Calc back today, I'm over it already, but I still went to Jimmy's house to get help from him because he was generous enough to offer me help. Turns out that he's a lil too rusty and has grown from the "childhood" of limits, so I guess I'll ask my prof in his office hours. I tried out his Wii fit, the exercises were really short, but very interesting because you are motivated to exercise by playing a game. I also weighed myself today, I didn't lose any weight. I thought I would drop a couple pounds from running as much as I do, but turns out that I'm not. I ran again this morning, timed myself for 4 laps and it took 7 and a half minutes'ish. This will probably be my best time ever because the weather today was really chilly, giving me more comfortability in running. We went to meet up Andrew Z at his house, then went to Palega park. The first thing we did was go on the swings, which leads to this topic being about Childhood Memories. My Elementary School is also a block away, so I felt the "old times" if you will, back in me again. Andrew's brother and Davin's brother came right after we played on the swings, we went inside the gym and played basketball. I was terrible, I can no longer play as well as I did in my childhood days. We went to get Aimee after and went to Classic. 5 of us bowled, Amy was the other, we had a really good time, but at some points it was dead quiet. I think the ladies were really tired after 2 games, but I wasn't. Jimmy played really well today with his "new style" and "new bowling ball" (lets say Ronald lost ownership somehow :P). Jimmy had the turkey twice, but messed up on both of them. I didn't play bad either, I was back to normal I guess. We decided to go to Stonestown after bowling, Aimee stayed back though because she had other "plans." We got a lil snack, chilled and talked, then went home. The road home was quiet funny too, well the way Andrew drives is hilarious. It's unexplainable, you'd have to experience it yourself. Right now I'm packing up for my 2 day Kayaking trip, hopefully it will be fun. I most likely will not have my phone with me because that's like a rule for the outdoors, and its called outdoors for a reason. The guides, however, will have emergency phones. I will take lots of pictures, or try to, and also try to absorb the nature I experienced in my irreplaceable 5th grade camping trip. I'll be back on Sunday evening, chow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
have fun in your trip :)
Post a Comment