Monday, August 25, 2008

Unemployed

Yep, so as of now, I am officially unemployed. Today was a good day, everyone knew I was leaving and was trying to make things easy for me. Before work, the day wasn't so pleasant. My parents were arguing again, well my dad started, for no reason. He was probably drunk, his face was red and stuff.. I could tell. So I left the house early, at like 7, got to the parking lot and saw Denny. So he called up Enciso and asked him to pick us up, they're both supervisors. So yeah, I felt pretty good, good as in "Sweet, my last day and I get escorted to work in a VAN with TWO supervisors.. epic" Then it was a normal, easy day for the rest of the way. When the clock hit 11:45, I knew it was time to go, so I cleaned out my locker and said goodbye to it. Oh yeah, I also left my backpack at work yesterday and I was so scared someone would steal it. Fortunately, it was still there, nothing missing, but someone did dig through it, it was probably a lead. Once it hit 12, I did my last swipe on the card and signed my log sheet for the last time, then Denny escorted me to reality. I left with Tony and had a really good convo again until we got to our cars. While we were waiting for the bus at the bus stop, these 2 cops rolled up in their ghetto police car and asked this chick to hop in their car. She was wearing a skirt and like one of us, waiting for the bus. So yeah, it gave me, Tony, and Jose a good laugh at how bad cops can get. The girl got a ride and sat in the back seat, ridiculous. This whole day, before work that is, I felt like a failure. I messed up some things and I cannot forgive myself for doing it because it affected other people, but they were cool with it, just that I wasn't. It was a boring day, and full of mellowness to me. Now I'm just sitting here, rotting flesh because school starts on Tuesday. I guess I'll take this time to try and review, also think of how to fix some problems that I have in mind. I'll miss work, a lot, but I don't feel that sadness feeling anymore after saying goodbye. I believe that I've grown up, and left those feelings as I climbed my way toward adulthood. But to tell if I'm really grown up, I'll have to see where I stand in terms of managing my time and problems.

No comments: