Saturday, November 1, 2008

Terrible day.. no more fun activities for a while

Something happened today.. something that I would never expect, but I guess I deserve it for whatever I've done..

The terrible day started off with swimming. I was swimming with Andrew for 20 laps and on my 20th lap I did butterfly. Jimmy couldn't go because he had to go to Sac, again. Anyway, as I was 5 feet from finishing, my arm snaps and all of a sudden I feel paralyzed. I told Andrew I was in great pain and I told him I broke my arm, it felt that way. I couldn't move my arm at all. The lifeguard that watches the deep end somehow noticed that I was in pain and walked over to ask me what happened. I move over to the stairs at the deep end to get out of the pool. Another lifeguard comes and helps me up and turns out that I dislocated my right arm. It was detached from my shoulder and the only thing keeping it on was my skin. I felt extreme pain and the lifeguard asked if I wanted an ambulance. I told him that I don't have medical insurance and I don't have the money to pay for the ambulance/hospital. I could literally see my shoulder having a dent in it because my arm bone was detached. I touched it too and it felt nasty. I slowly walked over to the bench with Andrew helping me and they gave me some stuff to cushion it while I sat there. I couldn't move it close to my body and it could only stay in one position, every other position was more painful. I tried to push my arm back in, but it hurt too much. The lifeguard called his boss and asked him how much it would cost for ambulance and stuff. I knew that if I went to the hospital, the bill would be extremely huge. I didn't want my mom to pay for it either. So then I sorta stretched it the other way and moved my arm out while leaning on it, somehow it snapped in. I knew it went back in because I didn't feel as much pain as I did for the first 10 minutes and I was able to move my arm close to my body. The lifeguard was surprised and I was too. Right now it still hurts, but I'm able to move it around. When I try to stretch it or move it around, it feels like it can detach again. I also tried to do a pushup, but I couldn't and I didn't want to force myself to. I guess I can't bowl, tennis, basketball, do push-ups, or swim for a while, THATS LIKE ALL MY ACTIVITIES. I hope it will heal soon. I think I'm getting medical insurance next week and the first thing I want is an x-ray. I haven't told my mom about it yet, and I don't think I plan to. Anyways, Andrew and I went to eat after because I told him I was fine. He drove because he was worried that I couldn't and it was very generous of him. I went home to change first because I put on my sweat pants on top of my swim trunks and my entire ass was wet. We were gonna go to In N' Out because he was worried I wouldn't be able to use chopsticks. In N' Out was so full when we got there that there were cars lined up waiting for parking. We ended up going to Lakeshore and got some noodles. He drove me back to my car and I went to pick up Andy because we were gonna study. Andy offered to drive but I told him I was fine. We went to borders and nearly locked the keys in my car again and this time it was still on, luckily the door was unlocked. Andy was laughing at me the entire time, it was pretty funny when I told him I had no money for the ambulance. But yeah, we ended up going to Starbucks on Irving and we sat by the window. A hobo was standing outside in the rain staring directly at me and yelling for 2 hours. Andy was a little scared but laughing the whole time at the same time. The hobo was crazy too because he chased people around asking them for money. At one point he came into the coffeeshop and stood behind us mumbling. Then later on he followed a couple for a few blocks and we watched him leave, he never came back. We didn't get much done at all, it was a day of laughs with me and him basically. We will remember this day as "a day of fail."

1 comment:

kevin said...

awww damn, that must hellllla hurt, even though, i never got my arm detached before.. welll, get better, and hope it heals well.