Monday, January 12, 2009

Whaddup doc?!

Today I went to SF General Hospital with my uncle, dad, and grandpa. My dad and I left the house at 11 and headed over to my uncles house. We got there shortly, but it took a while to leave. It took us 20 minutes to move my grandpa out of the house. He couldn't walk and barely stood up. We used a rolling chair to move him from his room to the front door. My role was to be the piggy while my grandpa gets on my back so I can carry him to the car. He didn't feel good about it, and didn't let go of the door because he was afraid I wasn't strong enough. His stubborness lead him nowhere though. He tried to climb down the stairs himself, but 2 steps later, he had to sit down. We got him a wheelchair at the hospital and took him to where he needed to be. My dad and I were outside watching my uncles car while he did everything. My aunt called later on because she didn't see gramps at home, so she came too. My uncle parked at a meter space inside the parking lot. It was ridiculous because a quarter only granted 6 mins. I didn't eat anything, but I wasn't starving either. The weather was pretty warm, maybe too warm because I got a headache from it. By the time my aunt got here, my uncle and grandpa were at the emergency clinic. We went over there shortly, but the sheriff didn't let us in because it was "too crowded." I also moved my uncles car to a 1 hour parking area. His car is pretty powerful, a GMC. I felt like how Kev feels when he plays GTA. Anyway, we had to wait in a waiting room for a real long time. My dad had to go home to do some stuff, and my aunt went to my mom's place. She left me with some food to eat, but I wanted to save it for gramps. I ate 2 dumplings and a cha siew bao, there was some porridge too. A hobo came up to me while I was eating a cha siew bao and asked for food. I felt really bad because he looked like he was hungry, so I gave him the other one. The waiting room felt so dirty. I didn't sit and I didn't want to either. The hobo came back a min later and offered me some weed as a repayment for the food. I was like "wtttttf!!" but I rejected of course. I guess thats how hobo's do bidnezz around heaaaaa. The friggen guy pulled it out of his pitts too. He came back again and told me he wanted more food, but I told him the rest was for gramps so he left me alone. My right foot was in pain the whole day. It feels fractured from the lake merced run. I could barely walk, and I was pretty limpy. This pain is nothing compared to my grandpa's injury. My uncle took me back to his place and I drove him because everything was under control. I spent an hour trying to save a stamp by figuring out how to online bank for AE, damn I'm cheap. I went to the bank and paid off this month's bills, then visited Jimmy and played some mario kart. I picked up my mom with my dad and we went to see gramps again. By this time, I'm guessing our whole family knew, I hope. My older uncle was inside this time, with my younger uncle. I went in because the sheriff would only let 1 person in. I listened to all the problems and what they're going to do with gramps. I didn't realize until now that he had a broken leg. It was broken around the hip socket area, no wonder why he couldnt move. I looked at gramps and I felt the pain he was going through. He's going to have surgery tomorrow and I'm gonna be there the whole day I guess since everyone else is busy. This surgery will be really important, it can swing both ways because he's got a lot of other health problems which affect the rate of success. I hope all goes well and the doc's better be watching him.

1 comment:

SlimJim said...

dude, hope everything is fine too. it was the same when my grandma went to the hospital, and everything went well. hope your grandpa can stay healthy!